Sunday, January 24, 2016

REDUCE THE TOTAL LOAD!

In other posts I have expressed my feelings of concern and alarm about chemical, physical, and emotional stressors.  I am particularly concerned about what is happening to children.  I have talked about the higher rates of autism, ADHD, diabetes and other disorders occurring in children.  I am very familiar with what can happen to an adult's health because of these toxins.

What can we do?  We can make every effort to become aware of what is toxic and detrimental, then make every effort to reduce or eliminate it in our lives.  Here is a list of some toxins/stressors that I am aware of.

Water unless it is filtered and mineralized.  It needs to be "living" water that is absorbable.  I found out by hard experience that distilled water, though pure, was dead and not usable in my body.  Water in areas has high mineral content, heavy metals, chlorine, fluoride added, contaminants, etc. all of which prevent it from being absorbed into our cells.  Remember that just being filtered isn't enough.  However, whatever we can do to make our water better helps and is a good thing.  Bottled water is not necessarily the best option.  Often it is the same as tap water plus contaminated by its packaging.

Food.  Wow!  I could write many pages about what is wrong with our food.  I am struggling myself with finding what is best to eat.  Some biggies to avoid are sugar, refined and processed foods, foods with preservatives, foods with dyes, corn syrup.  For our health, we need to JERF,  (Just Eat Real Foods).

Sleep deprivation.  Somehow in our culture, sleep is viewed as less important than water and food but it is just as necessary.

Bad air.  Oxygen is also essential to life.

Mold

Radon

Pesticides

Chemicals in our cosmetics, deodorants, soaps and cleaning products, furnishings, home construction.

Stressful life styles.

Negative thinking.

Lack of exercise.

Too much screen time and time on devices--especially for children.

After reading this, you may feel overwhelmed and discouraged, maybe even fearful and dismayed. Take courage, and do what you can to reduce the total load.  Anything you can do is helpful, even if it is not everything.  I recommend prayer, because I know our great Creator will help us!


No comments:

Post a Comment